Monday, April 13, 2020

May My Right Hand Forget Its Skill - A Samson Option Scenario

May My Right Hand Forget Its Skill

Researchers of the Samson Option, a secret circle of occultists within the Israeli Antiquities Authority, track down evidence of Jewish collaboration with Heinrich Himmler's occult inner circle.

I wrote the Samson Option a year ago, but didn't run anything with them until now. The long story short is, they're like a combination of the British PISCES Section H and the North Korean Office 44. Their objective is to collect magic items and knowledge for the defense of the Holy Land.

I used the key NPCs from the original document as pregens, and added another after finishing the playtest so there would be enough for a five person group.

In the playtest game, the players used the Dho Hna formula to teleport Rebbe Kessler into the storage room at the Sharon Partners' office. He picked up the hand, walked out, and commanded the security guard to delete the camera footage using Infallible Suggestion. The occult criminal looking to purchase the artifact walked out with the expert fake he deposited in its place.

The players all had fun, but said the scenario felt too easy. They wanted me to add more bureaucratic and law enforcement opposition, but I went in the other direction and made the supernatural mobster trying to buy the artifact more dangerous. I think I could make him even nastier and still been fine. I was thinking of the Option like Section H, a bunch of defenseless academics who have to run and hide from anything dangerous. Looking at the pregens, they've got guns and the skills to use them. In the future I'll give the threats they face a little more teeth, closer to a normal Delta Green game.

No comments:

Post a Comment